Some good things today. Jen is still dragging but it is because her body is fighting. Her fevers today didn’t get as high and she was able to fight them off without Tylenol. Also her ANC is just under 1000!!!
Update from Dad
Update from Randy
Update time….well things can change on a dime here….after her fever broke about 5 ish this morning the day was pretty uneventful until about 3 when she was up going to the bathroom and got lightheaded and a little panicked, started coughing and threw up. This started a chain of events and a lot of attention from many nurses and docs that resulted in a lot of anxiety for Jenny. She had a chest xray and a chest ultra sound to make sure she did not take any material into her lungs. She was given some Demerol to calm her. Over the next several hours things calmed down and right now she is doing very well. The rash is starting to subside, which is a very positive development and that may spark a general rebound. The main concern right now is that she doesn’t develop pneumonia.
There is talk of icu to get more one on one care
but since she is doing better that is on hold.
Word From Jessica
Good morning from icy Columbus! Jenny’s fever broke around 5 a.m. This has been the common theme, so we will see if it stays away this time. She was able to sleep much more comfortably with Demerol and Tylenol every four hours. They also found a different mask for when she’s getting O2 so that seems to have helped.
Biggest prayer request is to pray for the rash to subside.
Hopefully more updates soon!
Saturday December 17
Things here have declined over the last several hours. They have moved Jen to 14 floor to get more personal care. Jen’s pulse oxygen levels are low and her fever back. They have her on a cpap machine to improve her breathing. The doctor thinks this ugly rash she has is causing the fevers and most likely is in her inside as well as her skin. You can see the rash inside her mouth and throat.
She has swelled with water retention but with a low BP, they cant give her anything to take swelling down. I have called to ask Randy and the kids to come down to give me some rest and be close for Jen. The doctor says the next few days will be difficult but hopefully we can keep her from getting worse. Please pray God gives her the strength she needs as she has to battle through some bad days.
Randy’s boss scrambled to find coverage so he could be here. Although we have depleted all his sick time and vacation, this is where he needs to be. I am thankful he is able to be here as i am needing him by my side.
A Word from Jen
The past 12 hours have been long and rough. I spiked a fever late last night. So when that happens they do a lot of blood work and antibiotics. As well as extra vitals through the night. By my 4:30 vitals this morning my temperature was back to normal. I did get sick out of the blue this morning, but other than that I feel good.
I’ve been pretty tired the past few days. I seem to sleep better through the day than I do at night.
My spirits still remain good as we power up to get me through the low cbc numbers and my risk of infection over the course of the next week.
I appreciate all of the prayers, cards, and gifts I have gotten. I truly am blessed to know so many wonderful people.
Lots of love from Columbus!